DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT NEW POSITION, AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Director of Business Development (BD), based at our laboratory site in San Diego, CA. Reports to the CEO and part of the management team. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary and equity opportunities are commensurate with experience. To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certis is conducting a search for a highly experienced BD superstar to become part of its management team, working directly with clients to enhance their discovery efforts through research outsourcing. This role will expose the incumbent to the entire spectrum of the oncology discovery effort, including the full diversity of related models and technologies. Deep and broad knowledge of current oncology discovery and translational paradigms is essential to success in this role, as is knowledge of the molecular and cellular approaches and targets in oncology drug discovery.
* The Director of BD is a new position, responsible for establishing Certis’ BD strategies and bringing in revenues.
* The Director of BD will reach out to biotech/ pharma companies and academic institutions to identify potential clients and opportunities for collaborations. Additionally, the Director of BD will be expected to deepen account penetration with existing clients.
* The Director of BD will call on oncologists for the company’s patient directed therapy services and interact with patients.
* The Director of BD must be a team player and is expected to work with a group of internal scientific staff as well as external consultants. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within and outside the company.
* The Director of BD will support the ongoing development of scientific marketing collateral and web materials.
* The candidate should be familiar with drug discovery and development and general concepts in oncology. Particular emphasis on clinical and pre-clinical oncology pharmacology (in vitro and in vivo) is desired.
* The candidate must fully understand Certis’ internal capabilities and act as a liaison between Operations and clients.
* The candidate should have oncology discovery expertise, in combination with BD experience either in biotech or pharma companies.
* The candidate will be required to identify clients for BD opportunities, making connections with potential business partners and proposing terms of agreements
1. A BS degree in a field of biological science or related fields with 6-8 years of BD experience and demonstrated productivity in licensing activities.
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are interested in this position please send us your resume and cover letter for employment consideration.